All work and no play makes . . . you a dull writer probably. Let’s have some fun tonight!
Bring a laptop, notebook, or what-have-you so you can write. Here’s what Gary and Janey have planned for this Marvelous Miscellaneous May Mash-Up:
1. Novelist Vocab Lesson — Do you know the differences between a simile, metaphor, and analogy? What does WIP and MC and STET stand for? It’s time for our first-ever vocabulary lesson, novelist-style!
2. Writing Exercise — Dealer’s choice
3. Marketing Check-In — You’ve been learning about marketing all year, so it’s time for a check-in to see how you’re doing.
4. Share a Piece — Come prepared to read a SHORT scene from your book or story.
5. Literary Jeopardy — Let’s test your knowledge of literature!
6. So Here's My Problem . . . — Discuss the problem you’re facing with your writing. Let’s talk it out and come up with solutions.
Critique handouts are due for:
Important: Please go to our Critique page to see the rules for submitting a critique for feedback.
Amanda Roderick is in charge of snacks this week! Thank you!
To RSVP, simply fill out the box below. To GPS to Yukon Church, see the map at the end.